If you’re doing online video or live streaming, you WILL get negative comments, either about YOU as a person, or about your product or service. So how do you deal with them?
I gotta tell you! I’ve seen some harsh comments in the past! And they’re not always easy to deal with! Here’s a look at some that I’ve gotten in the last few weeks:
- Cute little bitch that’s just here to attract viewers
- Its blatantly obvious you’re not an actress…. an actress would be worth watching…. you, not so much
- I was here to see boobs.
- Annoying woman! Shut your Pi-hole!
- Extremely annoying person. Never again!
- The fake laughs and fake enthusiasm kinda kills the video
- Ugly woman
- You should ask for a brain
Delete or Respond?
Your first reaction will probably be to delete the comments. This is rarely the right response! It’s important to show the individual commenter, and the community as a whole, that you’re paying attention to comments.
This will have a major impact in the success of you building a community online! Here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Be diplomatic in your response
- Remind them they’re talking to a human
- Do everything you can to help turn them around and “win” them as a happy customer
- Remember that the positive is always bigger than the negative!
How do you respond to negativity? Leave a comment!
Join us LIVE daily!
Get actionable tips to help grow your business and increase revenue.
- 10 AM Pacific
- 12 PM Central
- 1 PM Eastern
- 5 PM GMT
Join LIVE and participate in the conversation!